Medical Home Promotional Materials
Washington State Materials
Washington State Medical Home Brochure for Families
English “Your Child’s Medical Home — Health Care With Your Family at the Center” (Resource links updated 2019)
Spanish: “El Hogar Médico para su hijo/a — Atención de salud enfocada en su familia” (Resource links updated 2019)
- Content: What a primary care medical home is, the benefits of a medical home, and ideas for how to work with how your child health care team for the best care. Includes a list of Washington State and national resources. There is space on the back panel for a label with local contacts or resources.
- Target audience: Families with children (typically developing children and those with special health care needs) in Washington State.
Examples of How Primary Care Sites in WA Explain Medical Home to Patients
Yakima Pediatrics and other Community Health of Central Washington clinics : Patient Centered Medical Home
- Includes what a medical home is, what patient centered care is, how new technology fits into this care, what kind of care you can expect to have, and tips for getting ready for your appointment)
- Community Health Association of Spokane (CHAS Health) : Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Cowlitz Family Health Center: Your Medical Home
- Columbia Valley Community Health (CVCH): Family Medicine- Why do I need a Medical Home?
- Family Health Centers (multiple clinics in Okanogan County and Douglas County) Patient Centered Medical Home
- Moses Lake and Quincy Community Health Centers (Adams County): Patient Centered Medical Care
- Madigan Army Medical Center (Pierce County) Pediatric Patient Centered Medical Home Primary Care Clinics
- Woodinville Pediatrics (King/Snohomish Counties) About Your Patient-Centered Medical Home
Related Community Resources
Early Support for Infants and Toddlers Program (ESIT) Publications
ESIT has a number of good brochures relevant to families who have children with special needs from birth through 36 months old including:
Building Early Intervention Partnerships With Your Child’s Doctor: Tips from and for Parents
Practical tips from and for parents in how to choose, partner and talk with your child’s doctor, how to be an advocate for your child in early intervention and involve your doctor in early intervention services for your child. Available in PDF format in:
English Amharic Arabic Cambodian Chinese Farsi Korean Laotian Punjabi Russian Somali Spanish Telugu Tamil Urdu Vietnamese
Fact Sheets from the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative
- What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home – one page infographic for patients and families
Patient-Centered Medical Home: What Does a Patient-Centered Medical Home Mean for You?
1 page fact sheet geared to patients (not specific to children)
Patient-Centered Medical Home: What You Need to Know
1 page fact sheet geared to health care professionals.
Infographic: Why the Medical Home Works: A Framework
The PCPCC has developed a framework to help medical home supporters and advocates explain the benefits and strategies associated with delivering patient-centered primary care. The graphic is organized according to the five key features of the medical home model: Patient-centered, comprehensive, coordinated, accessible, and committed to quality and safety. –
The National Center for Medical Home Implementation at the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Medical Home Marketing Materials for 1) families and for 2) pediatric clinicians
- Back to Basics: Tips to Understand and Implement the Medical Home Model” Infographic
- Improving the Medical Home Through the Use of Health Information Technology: A Fact Sheet for Families
Family Voices Materials
Families Partnering with Providers: Tips to Help Families Build Effective Partnerships with their Child’s Health Care Provider
A 7-page booklet of tips on communicating with a child’s health care providers: Preparing For An Office Visit, Talking With Your Child’s Provider, Learning More and Helping Your Provider Help Other Families.
Medical Home Videos
Introduction to Patient Centered Medical Home (English)
This multimedia program was developed to help explain this innovative model of healthcare to consumers. Its focus is medical homes for all people of all ages. The program is the result of a collaboration between the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative and Emmi Solutions®. (English: 4:28 minutes; there used to be a Spanish video that ran 6:04 minutes but unable to find 3/18).
Consumer Reports Video: “Medical Homes- Patient-Centered Care”
Brief (3:27 minutes) video on what Medical Homes are. Accompanied by July 2013 article describing in more detail what the medical home means for patients and the changes you may be seeing in your primary care provider’s office. Part of an ongoing series by Consumer Reports on health care reform.
- Medical Home Case Study video with young woman with diabetes and depression and how her medical home helped her- see 5 min Youtube video on b0ttom of linked page
American Academy of Pediatrics Medical Home Channel on Youtube
Short videos on the medical home model of care and its components developed by the National Center for Medical Home Implementation (NCMHI). The NCMHI is a cooperative agreement between the Maternal and Child Health Bureau and the American Academy of Pediatrics with a mission to ensure that every child and youth has access to a medical home.