Resources for Families and Caregivers
This is a living resource list and will continue to be updated. Please send additional suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Wifi Hotspots in Washington State
In response to the impacts of COVID-19, Drive-In WiFi Hotspots provide free temporary, emergency internet access for Washingtonians who do not have broadband service to their homes. Link to map.
Washington State Resource Guide for Parents and Caregivers: Caring for Your Family During COVID-19
- New from the Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF). DCYF published this compilation of information and resources to help bolster the incredible resiliency of parents and families as they face increased demands during this time. (link)
University of North Carolina Team at the School of Education and Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute
- Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times: a free online toolkit designed to help families and caregivers supporting individuals with autism during the COVID-19 epidemic. This guide is full of user-friendly strategies, ready-made resources and examples, and links to additional supports to help families navigate this challenging time. (link)
Lucille Packard Foundation for Children’s Health
- Great resources for families, caregivers, state agencies and advocates (link)
One America Website WA State Resources Section
- A broad range of information on education, housing, employment, government resources, etc. There are materials in different languages. There is a link where families in western WA can request food or other supplies be delivered to their doorstep. There are no CYSHCN specific resources on this website presently, but this immigrant specific information may be useful as general support for families with CYSHCN. OneAmerica is the largest immigrant and refugee advocacy organization in Washington State, organizing with and advocating for diverse communities including Latinx, African, and Asian. (link)
Project ECHO Autism University of Missouri
- Parent resources during COVID 19 including topics such as how to do therapy at home, how to do school at home, activities to do with your child, how to support good hygiene, how to help with behavior, and more. (link)
Healthychildren.org (from the American Academy of Pediatrics)
- COVID-19: Information for Families of Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (link)
Child Mind Institute
- Supporting Families During COVID-19 webpage (link)
- Autism Coronavirus Parent Resources. Topics include: Tips for Talking With Your Child With Autism About the Coronavirus, Increasing Cooperation in Kids With Autism, Tips for Developing Routines, Schedules and an Emergency Plan, Tips for Teaching Handwashing to Children with ASD (link)
University of Maryland Zoom Tutorial for Patients and Families
- Short animated videos that provide step-by-step instructions on how to log into a Zoom meeting and functions that can be used during a meeting.
- Using Zoom on a computer: (link)
- Using Zoom on a tablet: (link)
- Instructions on Using Zoom Shared by Children’s Village in Yakima from Virginia Mason (link)