State Activities to Support Medical Homes and “Neighborhoods”
Clinicians, families and communities across Washington State are working together to improve care for children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and their families. The Washington State Title V Department of Health CYSHCN Program provides leadership and funding for many of these activities, including contracts with the Medical Home Partnerships Project, local health jurisdictions and other organizations.
In this section you can learn about purpose of this section is to support the county-based, interdisciplinary Medical Home Leadership Network (MHLN) teams, Community Asset Mapping Coalitions and other initiatives promoting medical homes for vulnerable children in Washington State. Other groups working to improve family-centered, coordinated care for children and youth with special health care needs may also find the information in this section useful.
In the State Activities Section:
- Autism Systems Work: Collaborative efforts to change policy regarding supports and services, increase access to care, and better understand the causes and treatment for children and youth diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Birth to One: Families with infants in a hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) need extra support both in the hospital and upon discharge home. The Birth to One Project and other state initiatives are finding new ways to support coordinated, family centered care and helping with the transition back home.
- Community Asset Mapping (CAM) Overview: County coalitions working to improve early identification and diagnosis of children with autism and other developmental concerns close to home.
- Data Links: Links to data that can be helpful for presentations, grant writing, program development. The focus of the data is on children with special needs in Washington and the US as well as all children in Washington State and individual counties.
- Funding Opportunities: Who is offering grants relevant to medical homes and tips on how to develop and write a successful grant.
- Health Care Transformation: Find out about medical home and health care transformation efforts in Washington State and how to learn more.
- Medical Home Leadership Network: Information about the Medical Home Leadership Network and other Washington State Medical Home Partnerships Project community activities
- Regional Contacts: Find regional and county activities and contacts working to improve health and well being for vulnerable children and youth, including those with developmental delays, disabilities and chronic health conditions, and their families.