28jan8:45 am4:00 pmWashington State Autism Center of Excellence Certification Training Event Organized By: Center on Human Development and Disability, University of Washington Event Type:TrainingIn-person or Online:Online
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) certification allows eligible providers to diagnose autism spectrum disorder for pediatric patients with Medicaid NOTE: You must complete learning modules from the AAP and attend the live
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) certification allows eligible providers to diagnose autism spectrum disorder for pediatric patients with Medicaid
NOTE: You must complete learning modules from the AAP and attend the live Zoom training January 28, 2022 to obtain certification
- Gary Stobbe, MD: Attending Neurologist, Seattle Children’s Autism Center; Director, UW Medicine Adult Autism Clinic
- Jim Mancini, MS, CCC-SLP: Speech-Language Pathologist, Director of Project ECHO Washington
- And additional topic experts!
Friday, January 28, 2022, 8:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The COE training focuses on current research and thinking regarding the evaluation, treatment and continuing care for autistic individuals throughout the life span including:
- Screening, evaluation and diagnosis
- Differential diagnosis and co-occurring diagnoses
- Diagnostic evaluation models
- Treatment options including accessing Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)
- Accessing community and state resources
- Documentation, billing codes and orders
- Lived experience perspectives from autistic and family advocates
- Advice from current community COE clinicians
- ECHO Autism Washington and other follow up support
- Connect with regional partners
- Q & A
Prior to the training, the course “Identifying and Caring for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Course for Pediatric Clinicians” offered through AAP will be required. Details can be found on the Medical Home website found below.
To register online, visit https://medicalhome.org/coe or click on the link below:
Please register no later than January 24, 2022
Email for information:
Kate Orville, MPH; Director, Washington State Medical Home Partnerships for CYSHCN, University of Washington.
(Friday) 8:45 am - 4:00 pm
Zoom video conference
Center on Human Development and Disability, University of Washington