Parent coaching is a widely used component of many behavioral intervention programs. This past year had led to an increase in implementing parent coaching remotely. A possible outcome of remote
Parent coaching is a widely used component of many behavioral intervention programs. This past year had led to an increase in implementing parent coaching remotely. A possible outcome of remote parent coaching is increased accessibility for families and clients.
In this workshop designed for providers, participants will learn to implement a parent coaching approach designed to (a) help parents understand the learning objectives, (b) help providers conduct interactive learning sessions where the parent is working with their child, and (c) support feedback and planning for the next session. Tips and troubleshooting suggestions for parent coaching will also be covered. Parent coaching information covered in this session apply to both in person and online sessions.
- Describe parent coaching model
- Name 3 key elements for conducting a successful interactive learning session
- Describe 2 strategies for delivering feedback
- Describe common challenges and possible suggestions for trouble shooting for parent coaching
Who should attend:
- Providers who support parents through parent coaching. This session can be helpful for providers who are new to coaching or those who have experience with coaching but are looking for additional strategies to increase the impact of their time with parents.
Content level: Beginner to advanced
CEUs: This program, when attended/watched in full, offers 1.5 BACB Learning CEUs for BCBAs and BCaBAs. We are NOT approved providers for other CEUs. Certificates of completion will be provided after the completion of the webinar.
Instructor: Ashley Penney, PhD, BCBA-D
COST: $47.50 per person, *10% off for groups of 5 or more
*Recording of live webinar available for viewing between June 23 and September 23, 2021.
(Wednesday) 9:30 am - 11:00 am