13sep8:30 am12:00 pmPromoting First Relationships Learner Workshop SEP 13, 14, 20, 21, 2021 Event Organized By: Parent-Child Programs at the Barnard Center Event Type:TrainingIn-person or Online:Online
4 half-days Learner Workshop on September 13, 14, 20 & 21, 2021 8:30am – 12:00pm each day Pacific Daylight Time via Zoom This workshop is approved for 15 Professional CEU’s and STARS
4 half-days Learner Workshop on September 13, 14, 20 & 21, 2021
8:30am – 12:00pm each day Pacific Daylight Time via Zoom
This workshop is approved for 15 Professional CEU’s and STARS credit
Professionals who work with caregivers and young children (0-5) often see the need to support and guide caregivers in building nurturing relationships with children. The Promoting First Relationships workshop gives professionals the knowledge, tools, and strategies to do so. This evidence-based program integrates theory, practice and intervention.
In this 4 half-day learner’s workshop, participants learn a unique consultation and intervention strategy that they can integrate into their work whether in high-risk, special needs, child-care, or other early childhood fields.
In this workshop, you will learn . . .
- Theoretical foundations of social and emotional development in early childhood (birth to 3 years)
- Consultation strategies
- Elements of a healthy relationship
- Infants and the development of trust and security
- Toddlers and the development of self
- Understanding and intervening with children’s challenging behaviors
- Developing intervention plans and individualizing the PFR curriculum
Promoting First Relationships can improve…
- Parental sensitivity
- Parental knowledge of child development
- Parental confidence and competence
- Child outcomes
- Child Welfare outcomes
Because Promoting First Relationships is a positive, strengths-based model, caregivers are typically open to intervention and gain competence, and thus investment, in their caregiving.
Your fee covers tuition, all curriculum materials including the Promoting First Relationships manual, and a USB flash drive of reproducible parent handouts.
(Monday) 8:30 am - 12:00 pm