CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) certification allows eligible providers to diagnose autism spectrum disorder for pediatric patients with Medicaid Choose between two dates for the online training: Friday July 31 or Friday
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) certification allows eligible providers to diagnose autism spectrum disorder for pediatric patients with Medicaid
Choose between two dates for the online training: Friday July 31 or Friday September 18, 2020
- Gary Stobbe, MD: Attending Neurologist, Seattle Children’s Autism Center; Director, UW Medicine Adult Autism Clinic
- Jim Mancini, MS, CCC-SLP: Speech-Language Pathologist, Seattle Children’s Autism Center
- And special guests!
The COE training focuses on current research and thinking regarding the evaluation, treatment and continuing care for individuals with ASD throughout the life span including:
- Early signs and screening
- Differential diagnosis and co-morbid diagnoses
- Presentation across the autism spectrum and challenges with diagnosis
- Diagnostic evaluation models including the Interdisciplinary evaluation process at the Seattle Children’s Autism Center
- Treatment options including accessing ABA
- Medication Management
- Discussion of current state of services in WA and obstacles to care
- Documentation, billing codes and orders
*The live component of the training will include discussion of pre-submitted questions and regional breakout sessions
Prior to the training, the course “Identifying and Caring for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Course for Pediatric Clinicians” offered through the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) will be required. Details can be found on the Medical Home website found below.
NOTE: You must complete learning modules from the AAP and attend this training to obtain certification.
For more information:
(Friday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Zoom video conference