Events at this location
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) certification allows eligible primary care and other clinicians to diagnose autism spectrum disorder for pediatric patients with Medicaid. Presenters: • Gary Stobbe, MD: Attending Neurologist, Seattle Children’s Autism
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) certification allows eligible primary care and other clinicians to diagnose autism spectrum disorder for pediatric patients with Medicaid.
• Gary Stobbe, MD: Attending Neurologist, Seattle Children’s Autism Center; Director, UW Medicine Adult Autism Clinic
• Jim Mancini, MS, CCC-SLP: Speech-Language Pathologist, Seattle Children’s Autism Center
• And special guests!
The COE training focuses on current research and thinking regarding the evaluation, treatment and continuing care for individuals with ASD throughout the life span including:
• Early signs and screening
• Differential diagnosis and comorbid diagnoses
• Presentation across the autism spectrum and challenges with diagnosis
• Diagnostic evaluation models including the Interdisciplinary evaluation process at the Seattle Children’s Autism Center
• Treatment options including accessing ABA
• Medication management
• Discussion of current state of services in WA and obstacles to care
• Documentation, billing codes and orders
The live component of the training will include discussion of pre-submitted questions and regional breakout sessions.
Prior to the training, the course “Identifying and Caring for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Course for Pediatric Clinicians” offered through AAP is required. Details can be found on the Medical Home website found below. You must complete learning modules from the AAP and attend this training to obtain certification.
COE training flyer
To register online, visit https://medicalhome.org/coe
Please register by Feb. 8, 2021
Email for information:
Kate Orville, MPH; Director, Washington State Medical Home Partnerships For CYSHCN, University of Washington.
(Friday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Seattle Children's 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105