Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Early Intervention Services/Schools

Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists who serve children often work for early intervention centers/neurodevelopmental centers and schools.  If your child qualifies for an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) or an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and needs speech, OT and/or PT services, you can receive services for free through the Infant Toddler Early Intervention Program or your school district.

  • Washington Elks Therapy Program for Children
    Program provides occupational and physical therapyservices to children with developmental delays or physical disabilities. These services are provided under the direction of a physician and at no cost to the families. Priority is given to infants and young children who would otherwise go without services due to lack of resources, transportation, and health status. Services are provided in the home with the parent/guardian present. For more information, contact Secretary/Manager George Prichard, P.O. Box 110760, Tacoma, WA, 98411-0760, (253) 472-6223.
  • Health Insurance Coverage
    Some health insurance provides coverage for neurodevelopmental services such as OT, PT and speech for children through age 6.  Contact your health insurance company to find out more about your plan’s benefits and to get a list of contracted providers.
  • Washington Occupational Therapy Association
    See Find an OT for ideas about how to find an occupational therapist and examples of how OTs can help children
  • Find a Professional: Online Directory of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Programs
    Search the on-line directory to find programs that employ audiologists and speech-language pathologists who hold the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).  Search by type of problem, city, state, age of client, language.