- Crisis Hotlines
- Tips for Searching for Mental Health Providers
- Mental Health Services – All
- Local Agencies
- Child Psychiatrists
If you, or someone you know is in crisis, please contact the following organizations for information about 24 hour crisis services:
- National Hopeline Network
1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) hotline connects you with a crisis center in your area. Many crisis centers can assist you in finding treatment services in your community.
- Mental Health Professionals: Who They Are and How to Find One
National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)
- Strategies for finding local mental health services from the National Mental Health Associatio
- National Mental Health Information Center, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services
State Mental Health Resources for Washington- includes Mental Health Facilities Locator, Mental Health Services Directory, State Suicide Prevention Programs, Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator and more. Click on WA on US map for complete listing.
- Mental Health Action
WA State mental health services by county and additional resources
- Starting Point Resource Guide
Search for “Counseling” under Resource Category
- Mental Health Information/DSHS
- Community Mental Health Services – Regional Support Networks
The Mental Health Division of the Department of Social and Health Services contracts with county-operated Regional Support Networks (RSNs) for the provision of community-based mental health services.
- Washington Community Mental Health Council
Non-profit, professional association of about forty mental health centers in communities across the State of Washington.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
The AACAP has a referral directory on their website. They also provide background information on what a child psychiatrist does and where to find help. You can search for a child and adolescent psychiatrist by state, city, last name, practice interests, and languages spoken. Unfortunately, not all of the listed psychiatrists have detailed contact information beyond their name and city, so you will need to look this information up in the phone book or on the web.
- Washington State Psychological Association
Go to website section for the Public for referral information. There is a good explanation of what a psychologist does and the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist. The online referral service is not yet up but you can call (206) 545-3994 or (800) 275-9772 or email email@example.com for the names of practicing psychologists near you.
- Washington Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
For a free referral to a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in your area, call 1-888-553-1228.
- Washington Mental Health Counselors Association
Find a Licensed Mental Health Counselors in Washington State by location or last name