Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Crisis Hotlines

If you, or someone you know is in crisis, please contact the following organizations for information about 24 hour crisis services:

  • National Hopeline Network
    1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) hotline connects you with a crisis center in your area. Many crisis centers can assist you in finding treatment services in your community.

Tips for Searching for Mental Health Providers

Mental Health Services – All


Local Agencies

Child Psychiatrists

  • American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
    The AACAP has a referral directory on their website. They also provide background information on what a child psychiatrist does and where to find help. You can search for a child and adolescent psychiatrist by state, city, last name, practice interests, and languages spoken. Unfortunately, not all of the listed psychiatrists have detailed contact information beyond their name and city, so you will need to look this information up in the phone book or on the web.



  • Washington State Psychological Association
    Go to website section for the Public for referral information. There is a good explanation of what a psychologist does and the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist. The online referral service is not yet up but you can call (206) 545-3994 or (800) 275-9772 or email for the names of practicing psychologists near you.