Community health centers provide primary and preventive health care services for people living in rural and urban medically underserved communities, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Find a Community Health Center
Federally-funded health centers care for you, even if you have no health insurance. You pay what you can afford, based on your income. Health centers provide:
- checkups when you’re well
- treatment when you’re sick
- complete care when you’re pregnant
- immunizations and checkups for your children
- dental care and prescription drugs for your family
- mental health and substance abuse care if you need it
- Health centers are in most cities and many rural areas. Click on the website link below and then type in your address and click the ‘Find Health Centers’ button to find health centers near you. As of 2008, Washington State had 188 centers listed.
- Community Health Network of Washington
Find a center near you affiliated with the Community Health Network of Washington.
- Community Health Centers
Find Washington State community health clinics funded by the Health Care Authority’s Community Health Services (CHS). Listed by county, clinic name and address, services available (medical, dental and/or vision), and phone number.
- CHS is not an insurance program. Its mission is to promote access to quality and affordable health care for the uninsured, underinsured, and tribes in Washington.
- Family Health Hotline – a program of WithinReach
Toll-free, statewide child and family health Information and Referral Line from WithinReach. Get connected to services in your community including free or low-cost health insurance, food resources, immunizations, breastfeeding support, family planning services, parenting support, child development screening services, and many other social and health programs, including information for children with special health care needs. Access to interpretive service for 50 languages.
1-800 322-2588 or 1-800-833-6388 (tty relay)
ParentHelp123.org – a program of WithinReach
Want to look for resources yourself and apply for programs for which you are eligible? Search the ParentHelp123 website to find services available through the Family Health Hotline. The Call Center staff is the same for the Health Hotline and ParentHelp123- Call if you want help finding out if your family qualifies for programs and filling out applications on-line.
En Español (Spanish): www.parenthelp123.org/?language=es
- Washington State Dept. of Social and Health Services- Medical Programs
Links to Children’s Medical Programs, Basic Health, Family Medical, Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities, Alien Emergency Medical Program, Pregnancy Medical Program, Aged, Blind and Disabled Medical Program.
- Provider Directory Managed Care Programs- Washington
Government website to help people with health insurance through the government (such as Medicaid, CHIP, Basic Health) identify and choose a health plan and provider, hospital, or pharmacy.