Newborn Hearing and Hearing Screening
- Newborn hearing screening: Effectiveness, importance of high-risk factors, and characteristics of infants in the neonatal intensive care unit and well-baby nursery. Korres S, Nikolopoulos TP, et al. Otology and Neurotology. 26:1186-1190, 2005.
- A multi-center evaluation of how many infants with permanent hearing loss pass a two-stage otoacoustic emissions/automated auditory brainstem response newborn hearing screening protocol. Johnson JL, White KR, et al. Pediatrics.116(3):663-672, 2005.
- Should we recommend universal neonatal hearing screening? Compton JM, Crownover BK, Nashelsky J. J Fam Practice. 54(8):727-728, 2005.
- Noise: A hazard for the fetus and newborn. Committee on Environmental Health, AAP. Pediatrics. 100(4):724-727, 1997.
Hearing Screening after the Newborn Period
- Hearing screening at well-child visits. Halloran DR, Wall TC, et al. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 159:949-955, 2005.
- Practice Guidelines: AAP issues screening recommendations to identify hearing loss in children. Bush JE. Am Fam Physician. 67(11):2409-2413, 2003.
- Hearing Screening in Children. (In: Continuity Clinic Notebook.) Britt G.
- Hearing surveillance chart – A tool for tracking serial audiometry results and predicting future hearing impairment. MacLurg K, McCaughan J, McQuillan P. Occupational Medicine. 54:583-584, 2004.
Hearing Screening Test Information
- Pediatric audiology: A review. Gregg RB, Wiorek S, Arvedson JC. Pediatrics in Review. 25:224-234, 2004.
- Hearing assessment in infants and children. Sexton SM. Am Fam Physician. 68(7):1403-1404, 2003.
- Evaluation of hearing loss in infants and young children. Jacobson J, Jacobson C. Pediatric Annals. 33(12):811-821, Dec 2004.
Further Evaluation of Hearing Loss
- Medical management of childhood hearing loss. Kenna MA. Pediatric Annals.33(12):822-832, Dec 2004.
- Sensorineural hearing loss in children. Smith RJH, Bale JF, White KR. Lancet.365:879-890, Mar 2005.