Every well-child visit is important!
General health monitoring is an integral part of well-child care for all children. Due to pressures of managing special health issues, routine preventive health issues, such as immunizations and developmental age-appropriate anticipatory guidance, are at risk of being neglected.
Children with special health care needs deserve the same comprehensive health monitoring as their peers without special health care needs. In this section, you will find information, resources, and practice tools to help you and your families optimize well-child care, preventive care and developmental monitoring.
In this Section
NEWS! Soon the fourth edition of Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents will be available!
The Amazing Brain: Select Topics in Neuroscience and Child Development for the Clinician
- Part I – Targeted Treatments for Autism: From Genes to Pharmacology
- Part II – The Neurobiology of ADHD and Related Disorders
- Part III – Shedding Light on the Brain: Optical Tools for Studying Synaptic Transmission
- Part IV – Nicotine and Cortical Development
- Part V – Exploring the Brain with Functional MRI
- Part VI – What a Baby Can and Can’t Do: Early Brain Development
- Part VII – Recent Advances in the Genetics of Autism Spectrum Disorders